Monday, October 5, 2009

Everybody Tweet Tweet

I learned that within a day, not to mention 48 hours, there is a whole lot of information that one can learn from reading and responding to tweets. I have also realized that Twitter can have many functions.

Twitter can be used as a news source. People who have the information, share it and their followers receive it and may even be able to add to that information. Someone wanted to know the scores from the football game between Midwestern State University and West Texas A&M and I knew them so I responded. Twitter brings the information to you as opposed to your having to look for it. I like to stay abreast of what's happening in the world so on Twitter, I am following some news anchors. As news stories develop, I receive tweets and then I just have to follow the stories which interest me. Otherwise, I would be forced to sit in front of my television or computer in order to catch up with the news.

Twitter can also be used as a an advertising medium. Someone used it to let people know that she had a dog for sale. I used it to let people know that the Caribbean Students Organization was having a calypso competition on Sunday.

In addition, Twitter is very convenient. Throughout the day, persons can recall and report various snippets of their life. They can tweet at a time that is best for them instead of having to wait for friends and relatives to sign in to a live chat program. People can tweet and be on their way and the appropriate people will get the information and respond at their convenience. Additionally, having only 140 characters per tweet makes you stick to the point of your message. I believe that small pieces of information that are on point are more likely to be read than long emails.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the last part about being convent and short on topic. I am bad about telling a story to get to my point or beating around the bush with twitter I rephrase what I would normally say to make it make sense in less words.

    ReplyDelete