On February 25, I interviewed Brandi Stroud.
After recording the interview, I uploaded it with Audacity and began to edit.
Step 1: I deleted my voice since this story is not about the interviewer.
Step 2: I listened to Brandi's entire discourse to get the essence of her interview and the parts that reflected who she is.
Step 3: I realized that most of her answers centered around the fact that she is working toward becoming a book author and publisher. Consequently, I deleted every piece of information that was unrelated to that fact.
Step 4: I cut and pasted to help listeners make sense of parts that sounded unfinished (considering they will not hear the interviewer's questions) without changing any meaning.
Step 5: I made a decision not to delete some of her fillers ("um") because it reflected the spontaneity of the interview, added authenticity to it and showed how Brandi reflected as she spoke.
Step 6: I listened to the finished product to make sure my edits had not added or subtracted anything from Brandi's story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment