I have had a great time learning with and from the people in my Internet and Society class.
Overtime, we learned about and how to use various learning tools. The blog and twitter accounts are especially useful to me. When I read my classmate's blogs, I get their take on what we have learned and researched in and for class.The variety of views have often been eye-opening. Now that I have a Twitter account, I follow my classmates in addition to professionals in journalism. The good thing about Twitter is that the news that I want comes to me and I don't have to filter through unnecessary information to find what interests me.
Lately, we have been using discussion questions, framed by us, the students, as a means of directing lessons. This is an enriching exercise for me. It is amazing to see the variety of conclusions that a group of people can draw from reading the very same article. The questions we formulate after reading the articles really make for open-minded, objective, critical thinking.
What I like about our class is that we don't get angry when we hear each others' views but we listen, try to view the situation from each others' perspective, and try to understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment